Project Viewer Lite is a tool directed at staff and project stakeholders who need to be informed of aspects of the project plan and execution, throughout the project lifecycle. The project viewer can be utilized prior and during project reviews, in progress tracking, initiating change requests, and other actions that have direct bearing on the project, whilst preserving the project integrity and full retention of control by the Project Manager.
Initially, Project Viewer Lite was conceived as a viewer for MSPDI (MS Project Data Interchange) .xml format, and was gradually extended to handle .mpp files as well. Imported views from MS Project can be modified, configured and saved for later use. One can view 2007 .mpp files, as if they were produced using MS Project 2010, 2013 or 2016, and in any other combinations of MS Project editions (provided the respective views are previously imported and saved by the user from other .mpp compatible .mpp files). Included in Project Viewer Lite are views from MS Project 2016.
Project Viewer Lite has been designed for speed and ease of use. The traditional Windows user interface is employed, as it offers direct and unimpeded access to and use of the available commands without claiming additional screen space or need to follow complicated workflows. Its resemblance to MS Project paves the way to a wealth of widely available applicable information and tutorials. This Viewer retains its traditional Windows user interface as it offers direct and unimpeded access to and use of all available commands.
The supported user interface languages presently includes English, French, German, Russian, Croatian, Serbian and Slovenian.
- Gantt charts for Planning, Tracking and Critical path display
- Comprehensive set of tables containing relevant and purpose specific data sets
- Powerful project navigational facilities
- Inherent WBS Views
- Progress lines over all Gantt charts
- Task and resource detailed views
- Create and use common visual configurations that are standard in your company or in your partners organization.
- Edit various gantt bar types to suit your needs using the comprehensive Gantt bar editor.
- Display task paths, critical and late tasks as in MS Project
- Utilize GoogleDrive, OneDrive and others through their standard apps
- Dynamic switching between languages without need to restart or change the installation options of the program
- Opens MS Project .mpp and .xml files
- Access directly the Windows default EMail client with item specific data
- Runs on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista
- RBS view for hierarchical display of resources according to their outline structure (not yet supported in MS Project)
- and more...
Note: Features may be added or removed without notice.
Some items in the menus and dialogs are grayed out - this means that they may have been disabled in the workflow or are not available in Project Viewer Lite. There are a few cases of these, which may be confusing at times, but one gets used to them fairly quickly.
Documentation can be found here.
A version of the viewer, which is not free, is available.
If you find a bug, you can send brief description and/or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Translations in other then the English languuage may be incomplete. We add new terms sporadically, which are displayed in English in any selected language. With every release we try to include more translations, as resources allow.